Tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette - Review
EyeShadow Palette Review: Tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette
Rated: 💢
Brand: Tarte Cosmetics
Price: $46.00
Paid: $23.00 directly from Tarte from a year-end sale.
Status: In My Collection
Shadow Colors: Journey (patchy), Stone (good), Solstice (patchy), Dunes (good), Smoke (good), Sand (patchy) Ember (good), Onyx (good), Instinct (patchy)
Bronzer Colors: Terracotta, Desert, Timber
Colors Used: Instinct, Stone, Smoke, Onyx, and Desert.
Palette:
Rated: 💢
Brand: Tarte Cosmetics
Price: $46.00
Paid: $23.00 directly from Tarte from a year-end sale.
Status: In My Collection
Shadow Colors: Journey (patchy), Stone (good), Solstice (patchy), Dunes (good), Smoke (good), Sand (patchy) Ember (good), Onyx (good), Instinct (patchy)
Bronzer Colors: Terracotta, Desert, Timber
Colors Used: Instinct, Stone, Smoke, Onyx, and Desert.
Thoughts: The Clay Play palette has a beautiful scent of chocolate. Many cosmetics recently are scented like chocolate, fruits, or coffee because it seems like people like their palettes smelling appealing. While I would love to complain about how unnecessary this is - I refrain due to the fact that many of my palettes have a strong chemical scent and I would rather they smell like chocolate! I found these shadows difficult to blend with synthetic fluffy brushes. The bronzers make the palette. The palette has no shimmer shades only mattes. A nice neutral glam matte look could be had if some of the shadows were not so patchy. The finger swatches above were taken with nothing other than my bare skin, no primer, no glitter glue, lol but I should have added moisturizer - live and learn. Only the dark colors are showing up. All the light colors are pretty patchy. Ultimately I can't use this palette for a complete look without a master's in makeup - I can use it to have a few transition shades and shades to deepen a look. The light shades would need a base of concealer and may work for a matte cut crease. All in all, I cannot complain because I purchased the palette on sale. The performance of palette is the reason I will not purchase the Clay Play II. Tarte shadows are hit or miss for me as are the IT Cosmetics shadows - which is why you don't see any IT Cosmetics shadows in my eyeshadow palette collection. The Tarte bronzers though are amazing. I am not a makeup professional I am a makeup enthusiast, and we are the target market for these products; therefore as the consumer, we would benefit from a product that is simpler to use.
Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this palette for the shadows, but I can recommend it for the bronzers. ⭐⭐
Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this palette for the shadows, but I can recommend it for the bronzers. ⭐⭐
Palette:
Journey Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate,ethylhexyl, dehydroacetate, caprylyl, glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla, planifolia,fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).
Stone Ingredients: Talc, silica, ethylhexyl palmitate, boron nitride, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).
Solstice Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, mica, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).
Terracotta Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).
Dunes Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).
Smoke Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).
Sand Ingredients: Talc, mica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, silica, water/aqua/eau, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470).
Desert Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742).
Ember Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).
Onyx Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742).
Instinct Ingredients: Talc, mica, boron nitride, zinc stearate, ethylhexyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, silica, water/aqua/eau, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470).
Timber Ingredients: Talc, silica, boron nitride, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, water/aqua/eau, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470).
Formulated without parabens, formulated without mineral oil, formulated without phthalates, formulated without sodium lauryl sulfates, formulated without gluten

Comments